These amazing and inspiring Bible verses about mothers are unbeatable Mother’s Day quotes to share with your mom, to make her happier. From verses about parenting and family life to proverbs that provide encouragement and support for moms, you’ll find the perfect religious or Christian Mother’s Day quote here.
Our mothers deserve more beautiful things from us, this Bible verses will set a pace in their lives if we appreciate them according to the Bible’s teachings.
These Mother’s Day quotes from the Bible are directed to children, advising them to listen to and respect their parents, and highlighting how important a mother’s role is in raising her family.
14 Bible Verses For Mother’s Day:
1. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” –Proverbs 31:26-29
2. A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. –John 16:21
3. Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. They are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck. –Proverbs 1:8-9
4. My son, keep your father’s command
and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
Bind them always on your heart;
fasten them around your neck.
When you walk, they will guide you;
when you sleep, they will watch over you;
when you awake, they will speak to you. –Proverbs 6:20-22
5. Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” – which is the first commandment with a promise – “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” –Ephesians 6:1-3
6. Children’s children are a crown to the aged,
and parents are the pride of their children. –Proverbs 17:6
7. Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. –Proverbs 22:6
These next Bible verses are short prayers to thank God for your mother.
8. I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy –Philippians 1:3-4
9. I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. –1 Corinthians 1:4
10. These Bible verses for mothers reflect on love, and how it can sustain relationships when they are strained.
11. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. –1 Peter 4:8
12. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. –1 Corinthians 13:4-7
And these Bible verses are encouraging Mother’s Day quotes you can send to new moms and to moms who are struggling or need comfort in difficult times.
13. For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear; I will help you. –Isaiah 41:13
15. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. –Matthew 11:28
14. But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. –Isaiah 40:31
20 Strong Mother’s Day Quotes
A strong mom deserves a powerful Mother’s Day wish! These “strong mother” quotes acknowledge and appreciate the sacrifices mothers make for their children and expose how inspirational mothers truly are. You can use them as Mother’s Day quotes to thank your mom for raising you well and inspiring you in your own life.
15. Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them. ~ Author Unknown
16. I am closest to my mother, as she is my rock, my pillar of strength, and my world. Not only has she stood by me through all times – happy, sad, and otherwise – but there have even been moments when I had completely lost hope, and her immense belief in me had lifted me up. ~ Amruta Khanvilkar
ALSO READ: 50 Unique Mothering Sunday Quotes
17. That’s the wonderful thing about mothers: you can because you must, and you just do. ~ Kate Winslet
18. A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary. ~ Dorothy Canfield Fisher
19. Successful mothers are not the ones who have never struggled. They are the ones who never give up, despite their struggles. ~ Sharon Jaynes
20. Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had, and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed. ~ Linda Wooten
21. I know how to do anything – I’m a mom. ~ Roseanne Barr
22. Motherhood is a choice you make everyday to put someone else’s happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you’re not sure what the right thing is… and to forgive yourself over and over again for doing everything wrong. ~ Donna Bell
23. I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars. ~ E. M. Forster
24. You know you’re a mom when you understand why mama bear’s porridge was cold. ~ Author Unknown
25. I am sure that my mother’s prayers for me make me stronger than I would ever imagine. ~ Godspower Oparaugo
26. Motherhood is the exquisite inconvenience of being another person’s everything. ~ Author Unknown
27. It takes someone really brave to be a mother, someone strong to raise a child, and someone special to love someone more than herself. ~ Author Unknown
28. The phrase “working mother” is redundant. ~ Jane Sellman
29. Her damaged petals are what made her more beautiful than all of the other flowers. ~ A. J. Lawless
30. There ought to be a hall of fame for mamas
Creation’s most unique and precious pearls
And heaven help us always to remember
That the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world ~ “The Hand That Rocks the Cradle” by Ted Harris
31. I think every working mom probably feels the same thing: You go through big chunks of time when you’re just thinking, “This is impossible – oh, this is impossible.” And then you just keep going and keep going, and you sort of do the impossible. ~ Tina Fey
32. She made me strong, but she wanted me to be strong. That’s more important. ~ Diane von Furstenberg
33. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter thank you think. ~ A. A. Milne
34. To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow. ~ Maya Angelou