Take hold of these unique Mothering Sunday quotes and put smiles on your mom’s face. Nothing makes our mothers happy more than when they hear sweet and hopeful words from us, their sons and daughters.
This day reminds us how the specialty of motherhood; the sacrifices mothers make, and how motherhood changes us. It has been said that a sense of humor is required for being a mom!
These unique Mothering Sunday quotes will give mom a giggle and work well as a text message, with an added note to say “thanks for being an awesome mom”!
Mothering Sunday Quotes | Mom Love Quotes
1. Sweater, garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly. ~ Ambrose Bierce
2. If your kids are giving you a headache, follow the directions on the aspirin bottle, especially the part that says “keep away from children”. ~ Susan Savannah
3. When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they’re finished, I climb out. ~ Erma Bombeck
READ ALSO: 58 Best Happy Mother’s Day Quotes for Moms
4. I love to play hide and seek with my kid, but some days my goal is to find a hiding place where he can’t find me until after high school. ~ Author Unknown
5. Silence is golden. Unless you have kids, then silence is just suspicious. ~ Author Unknown.
6. Children are a great comfort in your old age – and they help you reach it faster, too. ~ Lionel
7. I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then I want to move in with them. ~ Phyllis Diller
8. Raising kids is a walk in the park. Jurassic Park. ~ Author Unknown
9. I’d like to be the ideal mother, but I’m too busy raising my kids. ~ Author Unknown
10. A suburban mother’s role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after. ~ Peter De Vries
11. Mother Nature, in her infinite wisdom, has instilled within each of us a powerful biological instinct to reproduce; this is her way of assuring that the human race, come what may, will never have any disposable income. ~ Dave Barry
12. The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents. ~ John J. Plomp
13. Mirror, mirror, on the wall, I am my mother after all! ~ Author Unknown
14. The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found. ~ Calvin Trillin
15. Usually, the triumph of my day is, you know, everybody making it to the potty. ~ Julia Roberts
16. Ma-ma does everything for the baby, who responds by saying Da-da first. ~ Mignon McLaughlin
17. Parenthood is the passing of a baton, followed by a lifelong disagreement as to who dropped it. ~ Robert Brault
18. It’s a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful. ~ Roald Dahl
19. It is never easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it. ~ Author Unknown
20. Working mothers are guinea pigs in a scientific experiment to show that sleep is not necessary to human life. ~ Author Unknown
21. Nothing is really lost until your mom can’t find it. ~ Author Unknown.
22. Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children! ~ Sam Levenson
23. Motherhood: Feeding them as a baby and then through most of their twenties. ~ Author Unknown
24. If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? ~ Milton Berle
25. You know you’re a mom when you go to the store for yourself and come out with a bag of things for your kids. ~ Author Unknown
26. Children are natural mimics who act like their parents despite every effort to teach them good manners. ~ Author Unknown
27. My mother’s menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it. ~ Buddy Hackett
28. Setting a good example for your children takes all the fun out of middle age. ~ William Feather
29. Mothers of teens know why some animals eat their young. ~ Author Unknown
30. Humans are the only animals that have children on purpose with the exception of guppies, who like to eat theirs. ~ P.J. O’Rourke
Mother’s Day Quotes | Mom’s Day Quotes
A mother’s love is powerful, deep, and awe-inspiring. These famous Mother’s Day quotes and sayings capture the essence of the caring, loving relationship between a mother and her child. Use them as part of a message to say, “I love you, Mom”!
31. Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly. ~ Sarah Malin
32. Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love. ~ Mother Teresa
33. Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. ~ Marion C. Garretty
34. A Mother’s heart, a Mother’s faith, and a Mother’s steadfast love were fashioned by the Angels and sent from God above.
35. Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things my mom taught me. ~ Lady Gaga
36. If you have a mom, there is nowhere you are likely to go where a prayer has not already been. ~ Robert Brault
37. No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother’s love. ~ Edwin Chapin
38. I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. ~ Abraham Lincoln
39. Mother’s love is bliss, is peace, it need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. If it is there, it is like a blessing; if it is not there, it is as if all the beauty had gone out of life. ~ Erich Fromm
40. Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. ~ Author Unknown
41. When you are a mother you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always thinks twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~ Sophia Loren
42. I got to grow up with a mother who taught me to believe in me. ~ Antonio Villaraigosa
43. There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood. ~ Elder M. Russell Ballard
44. A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s. ~ Princess Diana
45. There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
46. A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still she will cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ~ Washington Irving
47. Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love. ~ Stevie Wonder
48. The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children. ~ Jessica Lange
49. I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all. ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
50. Most mothers are instinctive philosophers. ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe
Today’s Mothering Sunday
This Mothering Sunday quotes pair perfectly with any personalized gift you can present to your mother not only on Mothering Sundays but anytime. Sometimes it’s hard to show your emotion toward your mom but these messages will prove to her that you are always thankful for being there for you through thick and thin and that you love her always.
Happy Mothering Sunday to all Mommies in the world.