We shouldn’t forget that in Life or Death: Joseph Ikedi still lives in our hearts. The love we have for him remains fresh as each morning dew. Joseph Chika Ikedi (1980-2021) was born in Enuora Orofia Village, Abagana in Njikoka LGA, Anambra State.
My Friendship With The Late Joseph Ikedi Started Like This:
Late Mr. Joseph Ikedi was a man whose good life cannot be overemphasized as long as life and good deeds are concerned. He lived a worthy life that should be emulated. That’s why he must be remembered even in his life or death.
I became too close to Joseph some months after our graduation from Abia State Polytechnic, Aba. Our closeness was as a result of searching for a place to lay my head after graduation to enable me to hustle and raise some money before I would go for the compulsory NYSC for Nigerian graduates. Whether life or death a good man still remains a good man.
Joseph accommodated me for over 5 months if I’m not mistaken, despite that we were not close friends in the Polytechnic. We became best of close friends when he accommodated me.
We worked together in so many ways; we sought petty jobs together as applicants, did some online businesses including my One Dollar Business but we later quit as the unreasonable debit went on repeating itself on our bank accounts more than we had expected.
Joseph, being a straightforward person, had never shared misleading information or advice with me throughout our friendship. Other people also give this same testimony about him. I have my reasons for saying: Life Or Death: Joseph Ikedi Still Lives; he was one in a million as a friend and colleague.
We had been into social advocating organizations together such as World Constitution and Parliament Association (WCPA) which I was appointed the Nigerian coordinator in 2017. Joseph played majors together with Joshua Amanze in piloting the affairs of WCPA, especially the meetings we have held within and outside the Southeastern states in Nigeria.
READ ALSO: Mystery Of Ash Wednesday
On 27 July 2017 which was my birthday, I founded my organization, Initiative for African Citizens (IAC). Honourable Joseph as I fondly called him was one of the founding members.
After some time, I found out the role he was playing in the organization and appointed him a ‘cofounder’ which was announced to the members of the organization.
With much of his financial support, the Initiative for African Citizens was incorporated with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria in 2018.
Dear Joseph, honestly, we will always miss you, we will always remember your deeds. Whether life or death, you still live in our hearts.
He was my backbone in monetary aspects, donated amazingly to the organization. Then, I was not buoyant to handle some monetary aspects of the organization.
I am Chief Executive Officer, Joseph was the Chief Finance Officer which made him the second in command in the organization. He was the Secretary to the Trustees before his death. Though, before his death, the organization was placed on hold till further notice due to some internal issues in the organization.
However, efforts will be made to ensure we rejuvenate the organization, appoint new Trustee Members and the management to commence the services we are rendering to humanity through the organization.
When the organization fully starts functioning, we will consider bringing on board, late Honourable Joseph’s wife and make provisions for his son’s welfare, as our gratitude to his services to the organization and humanity at large.
Late Joseph taught me a lot in life, especially when it comes to humility, hard work, the real meaning of friendship, love, and support. He taught me how to accommodate people of different characters, and backgrounds. Even in life or death, bet me, you still live in our hearts.
Though he was my senior with much age bracket, we walked, talked, ate, locomoted like mates. People who knew him have been sharing unexpected amazing stories about him as testimonials to his good living. Life or death, a good man is always a good man.
To prove how we loved him, the alumni of the Marketing Department, Abia State Polytechnic, Aba sent their condolences to his family, wife, and son and supported them in monetary aspects.
My dearest friend and brother, it was not my intention to write such a note about you but death which is inevitably caused me to do so. You are no longer here to enjoy your labour in the organization; all the plans we had to achieve together have been aborted as you are no more available.
I, therefore, pray for your good soul to rest in peace, and pray for God’s mercy to shine upon you, and hope to see you again in the last days as we will glorious rejoice before God Almighty in heaven where Christ rules as king forever. Amen.
With tears, I say goodbye to you my best friend.
Life Or Death Quotes For Loss
The following consoling quotes for losing someone make heartfelt messages for most bereaved. These are the kind of quotes we share with our families, friends, and well-wishers to console them for losing a loved one. I am compelled to make these life or death quotes to console you that your loved ones are still living, even though they are no more with us but their good deeds speak for them.
1) “The Remembrance of the good done by those we have loved is the only consolation when we have lost them.” – Demoustier
2) “Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity.” – Terri Guillemets
3) “You can’t truly heal from a loss until you allow yourself to feel the loss.” – Mandy Hale
4) “And then I heard the angel say, ‘He’s] with you every day.’” – Author Unknown
5) “The sun, the moon, the wind, the stars, will forever be around, reminding you of the love you shared, and the peace she’s finally found.” – Author Unknown
6) “Once upon a memory someone wiped away a tear, held me close and loved me, Thank you, dear.” – Author Unknown
7) “Say not in grief ‘he is no more’ but in thankfulness that he was.” – Hebrew Proverb
8) “As long as I can I will look at this world for both of us, as long as I can, I will laugh with the birds, I will sing with the flowers, I will pray to the stars, for both of us.” – Author Unknown
9) “The object is not to forget, but to remember to go on.” – Author Unknown
10) “Those we have held in our arms for a short while we hold in our hearts forever.” – Author Unknown
11) “Our joys will be greater, our love will be deeper, our life will be fuller because we shared your moment.” – Author Unknown
Short Consoling Quotes And Sayings
When sending a sympathy letter, card, or message, it’s important to remember that the individual who’s grieving may not want to read a long message. Kindly avoid talking too much about yourself when writing your message; only elaborate about the deceased life that he or she lived.
It is not always appreciated to state in your letter that: “I know how you feel”. It makes the bereaved feel more hurt. Just state or say: whether in life or death, he/she lives in our hearts. Just as I am the family, friends, and well-wishers of my beloved friend, Joseph Ikedi to understand that whether in life or death, he’s still in our hearts. The love we have for him can’t be misplaced; he must be remembered through his offspring. In life or death, you’re loved:
1. “Gone from our sight, but never from our hearts.”
2. “Our thoughts and prayers are with you, all is well with you.”
3. “I wish you healing and peace to fill your hearts in place of tears.”
4. “The soul of your beloved is safe wherever it is now, God will not allow it to be lost.”
5. “I hope you feel surrounded by much love you mourn your loved one.”
6. “We are so sorry for your loss.”
7. “We are thinking of you during these difficult times.”
8. “May my condolences bring you comfort and may my prayers ease the pain of this loss.”
9. “We pray the love for the lost is forever carried in your memory.”
10. “May the memory of [insert name] bring you comfort and peace.”
11. “My heart is with you in your time of sorrow.”
12. “Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength.”
13. “May the sorrow you feel in your heart lighten by the love that surrounds you.”
14. “Wishing you peace and strength during this difficult time.”
15. “My heartfelt condolences are with you and your family.”
16. “Please accept my heartfelt sympathies for your loss.”
17. “We are here for you and your family, now and forever.”
18. “Words can’t express how saddened we are to hear of your loss.”
19. “I am sending you this card to let you know that I am thinking of you. I am sorry for your loss.”
Using a consoling quote in your condolence message, it’s another way to express your emotions and remind the bereaved that there’s hope. Poets, great figures, and novelists have laid the groundwork for consoling messaging and it’s appropriate to use any of these quotes when expressing your condolences. It makes the recipient be encouraged that whether life or death, there’s hope.
1) “What is lovely never dies but passes into another loveliness, Star-dust or sea-foam, Flower or winged air.” – Thomas Bailey Aldrich
2) “He spoke well who said that graves are the footprints of angels.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
3) “What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” – Helen Keller
4) “A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again.” – Maya Angelou
5) “Only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts.” -Dorothy Ferguson
7) “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
8) “Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in a time of sorrow.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
9) “Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality.” – Emily Dickinson
RECOMMENDED: 9 Powerful Secrets On How To Motivate Yourself
Religious Consoling Quotes And Verses
Using religious consoling quotes to console people when they lost a loved one is amazing; they revive lost hope. If you share a religious bond with your friend or loved one, try using religious consoling quotes or Bible verses to send a little light their way.
Religious consoling quotes and verses make the bereaved hope on seeing their dead ones in the last days; they make them believe that whether in life or death, their deceased loved ones are still in their hearts. These are often comforting and serve as a source of strength and unconditional love.
1) “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5
2) “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
3) “For it is you who light my lamp; the LORD my God lightens my darkness.” Psalms 18:28
4) “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” Matthew 5:4
5) “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1
6) “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
7) “And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philemon 4:7
8) “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.” – Isaiah 43:2
9) “We pray the love of God enfolds you during your journey through grief. We send you thoughts of comfort.”
10) “May you take comfort in knowing there is one more angel above us.” -Unknown
11) “May the love of God heal you as the burden in your heart abounds.” -Unknown
In life or death, we must believe that our departed loved ones are still living in our hearts because we will see them in the last days. Death is inevitable and everyone must taste unless God has chosen to stay alive when He would return, are the ones that would not taste it. However, they will still have to be transformed before they can see the Lord. So, console yourself, the death of your loved one is not the end of the road; there is still hope. Learn to send consoling messages, cards, or letters full of hope to the bereaved. Whether in Life or death, their memories shall stay with us.